Public Authority helps IHSS recipients by facilitating provider orientation and managing the enrollment process for new and inactive IHSS providers.
How to Become A Provider
If you are a new provider or a provider that has not been paid by IHSS in over a year; you will need to complete the Provider Enrollment Process.
Current Provider Enrollment Process
- Complete the online registration process in PEARS (Email address needed. One email per provider)
- Receive email confirmation with PEARS portal login, username, and temporary password
- Watch the IHSS videos online after registering
- Complete the required forms online
- Make an appointment to bring unexpired identification and social security card to the Public Authority Office after completing all online activities.
- In addition to the online registration, providers will need to complete a mandatory background check. This process is also referred to as DOJ, Live Scan, and fingerprinting.
- You can visit our DOJ page to get a list of locations and the required form.
- If you have previously complete the Live Scan process for Sacramento IHSS Public Authority, please email us prior to paying for another Live Scan. We will search for your background check report. If we do not have your results you will need to complete a new Live Scan.
Please note, you can only schedule an appointment once you have completed all application activities in PEARS.
If you are unable to complete the online registration process due to no internet access or needing assistance using a computer, please call 916-874-2888 to be further assisted.
(Internet Explorer is not compatible with PEARS. Please use Google Chrome, Firefox or other web browsers to begin enrollment)
If you have received a username and password for PEARS, you can use this link to access the Provider Portal Login